Patient logging is a key component of your clinical education. Patient logs record detailed information about your encounter with patients.
Once logs are submitted, your school may review and indicate a log needs attention.
- Select Clinical Coursework from your dashboard or left menu.
- Select the placement you would like to add a patient log for by clicking View Details.
- Scroll down the page to the Patient Logs section. The system will show you a tally of your total logs, as well as any logs that need your attention, are in progress, and an average of logs entered per day.
- To add a new patient log, click on the + icon.
- This will open a drawer with the patient log you will complete.
- Your patient log may look similar to the examples below:
- If your patient log allows you to link a clinician, the system will show you any clinicians associated with your placement and the option to add any new clinicians.
- If your program requires ICD 10 information, as you type in a diagnosis, a dropdown will appear showing you options. Click on the desired option.
- The system will then show you updated details, click on the code you’d like to add.
- For Required Diagnosis, begin typing in the search box to find the full list of available options. To remove any entered details, click on the trash bin.
- If your program requires procedure or medication details, begin typing in the search box to find the full list of available options.
- Once done, click Submit.
a. If you would like to return to this patient log to make further edits at a later time, click Save. This will mark the log as In Progress.
- Keep an eye on the status of your logs. Once your school reviews them, they may mark them as Needs Attention. If this happens, click on the number above Needs Attention.
- Click on the Log ID to view feedback provided by your school.
- School feedback will be listed at the very top, and you’ll be able to make edits to your patient log and Submit once done.